Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2014

The End (Part 1)

Third year has finally finished. After three years of taking the coach to Medway School of Science, 21 Modules, 18 exams and 15 essays, I now hold a bachelors degree in BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science. And it finished in a blink of an eye.

This year was quick, it’s like the year started two weeks ago. I was so busy with university and work that I had no time to think how busy it actually was.  All three exams went really well but the cell pathology was hard even though it was a seen paper. It was last year’s essay question so not only did we have to write the essay, we had to memorise it with references and then had two hours to write a 100-mark paper. It was by far the most intense paper because we actually needed three hours for this and near the end, my hand was flying on the exam booklet and it was like my brain exploded on the paper. I hope who ever marks it can read it.

But now that I've got some free time, I caught up with Vampire Diaries and I won't spoil it for those who haven’t seen it. But I hope they come back ;) I’m finally getting through my ‘To Watch List’ and I have checked off Prison Break and I’m currently catching up with Supernatural.  Now I don’t know what to watch next, so many shows, such very little time…

The one thing my family is looking forward to is graduation. I can’t wait either though I’m scared I’m going to fall when I go to get my degree. The robes are black with blue and red so I don’t know what color to wear and I refuse to wear a black or white dress. I really hope there is some sun!

Even though my exams are over, I’m still tutoring GCSE and A-Levels and I’m quite shocked I can remember things from about 7 years ago. It was like yesterday that I was sitting there and learning myself and here I am today, teaching others while I've finished my bachelors and ready to move onto doing my masters. I’m excited for and dreading doing my postgraduate qualification. I’m excited to go to another university and learn more about treating cancer, I mean who knows, I might even have a hand in finding a cure but that means more studying and more exams. I will keep up my motivation because its what I want!

MY WORDS OF WISDOM: 
If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it
If you don’t ask, you’ll never know and the answer will always be ‘No’
If you don’t walk forward, you’ll always be in the same place and you’ll never know what awaits you

Times will be hard and easy but we must stay strong. All I can say is that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.


Good Luck for those who have exams and lets pray for some 2014 sunshine :)

2 comments:

  1. hello..
    I'm going to start my BSc (hons) Biomedical Sciences at Medway Greenwich Campus this September. I am yet to apply for a study visa. Wandering here and there looking for Indian people who could guide me with it, I happen to visit this blog accidentally. I've read a few articles of yours.
    Just wondering if you can help/guide me regarding this degree and about the lifestyle and time table and all?
    Could you reply here? or mail me at rahulphillip7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BSc Biomedical Science is very interesting degree in my opinion as I have an interest for sciences, but also the timetable is both spread out and busy because of Lab sessions but the experiments carried out are also exciting. Even though Medway is a quiet area, there are a lot of students from all around the world and we also have a Hindu Society where they carry out all sorts of events like Holi.

      Delete